Submissions to the Open Arts Journal should meet several of the following criteria:
- Original work, reflecting current concerns and critical issues in the subject area. (Open Arts Journal does not publish previously published material).
- Valuable introductory work, opening up new areas of research and scholarship.
- Makes a significant contribution to the global practice and understanding of the history of art, architecture and design, and visual culture and material culture.
- Troubles the geographical scope and periodisation of the mainstream histories of art, architecture and design.
- Theoretically innovative, expanding on the basic concepts of the discipline.
- Shows how art history may interact with other disciplines, such as art practice, curating and museology, arts organising, cultural policy and the public understanding of art.
- Enables cross-fertilisation between art, architectural and design history, film and media studies, material and visual culture studies and the broader humanities.
We welcome a full paper or a 200-word abstract of your proposed submission to the Editor, Open Arts Journal Artsemail@example.com