We warmly welcome responses and proposals for future themed issues at: FASSfirstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for contributors
- Please download the Open Arts Journal Style Guidelines for Contributors and read them in their entirety before submitting an essay to the Open Arts Journal.
- Please familiarise yourself with the feel and appearance of current and back issues of the Open Arts Journal, especially with regard to referencing style and captions.
- Open Arts Journal is a peer-reviewed journal, published online and accessible to all. Special editions may also be published as hard copies.
- Essays to be considered for publication must be submitted electronically, as a Word document, in UK English, and in accordance with the Open Arts Journal Style Guidelines for Contributors.
- Open Arts Journal does not publish previously published material and checks all submissions for plagiarism against previously published material.
- On receipt of an essay to be considered for publication, it is read by members of the editorial board, including the Editor.
- The Editor aims to inform potential contributors of a decision within three months of their submission.
- Authors are responsible for securing permission to reproduce images and quoted material in perpetuity.
- The Editor reserves the right to edit texts received. Substantial changes are made in consultation with the author.
- All essays accepted for publication will be sent to the author at proof stage.
- Authors retain copyright and publishing rights without restrictions.
Postal address: The Open Arts Journal, c/o Heather Scott, Department of Art History, The Open University, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA, United Kingdom.